Friday, January 9, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I pray this blog will be a blessing as I share with you my journey in motherhood, homeschooling, and the Christian life!!

I am a Christian wife to the man of my dreams and Mommy to 2 all-American boys! :) Currently Big Brother is 6 1/2 years old and Little Brother is 8 months.

I'm priveleged to be a second generation homeschooler! My parents followed God's prompting to teach me at home after I completed 4th grade in public school and I graduated #1 in my class (wink!) in 2004. I look back on those years with no regrets.

For me homeschooling is so much more than just an educational choice or alternative option; it is a conviction. It stems from the belief that we as Christians are to train our children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6).

Big Brother is in 2nd grade. Prior to this year our homeschool did not have a name. I could not come up with anything that seemed to suit us. One day I decided to commit this matter to prayer. As I prayed, I considered what my ultimate goals were for my boys. What did I want them to ultimately get out of their home education? Then it came to me. More than being successful, more than being able to attend college or get a good job, more than anything I wanted them to be strong in their faith. Then I thought of the Scripture in Ephesians 6 about the Armor of God, and when I came to verse 16, I knew I had found our school name...

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

That was what I wanted for my boys. When they are grown and out of my care, I want them to have that strong shield of faith to protect them from all the things Satan will try to throw at them.

With the start of this new year of 2015, I recommitted to being a better wife and mommy by spending daily time with the Lord and His Word. To help with this I have joined a Good Morning Girls Bible Study group. From time to time I will be sharing the amazing things God is teaching me through this as I SOAK up His Word and kneel in prayer each day!

Tha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!