Monday, January 12, 2015

Exodus 6 - God is Faithful!

I was so happy to get back to my Good Morning Girls study today! I did my reading before the boys got up this morning, and did my journaling while Big Brother worked on writing his Bible verse for the day. How sweet it is to be studying God's Word together! :)

This week at Good Morning Girls we are studying Exodus 6-10. We read one chapter per day, and use the SOAK method to journal and pray over what God is teaching, and we mark our Bibles with a color code. Check out Good Morning Girls for details!

Today's chapter shows us God again confirming to Moses just Who He is. He is letting Moses know that He made a covenant with His people, and He will keep it.

Exodus 6:2-8 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. 4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers . 5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage ; and I have remembered my covenant. 6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: 7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Sometimes I need to be reminded of just Who God really is and all the wonderful things He has promised to me as His child. God is so faithful to keep His Word!!

Even all the names and family lines at the end of chapter 6 were interesting to me today. They are there to show that this is real history, real events involving real peoplenu and a real God!

You are more than welcome to join me in this study! We are also doing memory work together. Big Brother has been helping hold me accountable with that! If you want to memorize along with me, here are last week and this week's verses together.

 Psalm 77:11-14 11 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. 12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. 13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God? 14 Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people. < I
pray you are blessed as we study God's Word together here! Be sure to subscribe to get all my posts (if you are in mobile, you might have to switch to web version to see the subscribe box on the right side of the page). And check out my new Amazon store!< God bless!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!