Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It's a Frog's Life - Notebooking 2nd Grade Science

I mentioned in an earlier post that we were notebooking our way through Big Brother's 2nd grade Science. I am nowhere near as fancy and creative with this as some others, but I thought I would share something we enjoyed!



Big Brother had fun doing the work for this page! We read and talked about the life cycle of a frog from several different sources. Then he used PlayDoh to create an example of each stage of a frog's life from egg to adult frog. We took pictures of his creations and used them to make this simple page in his notebook.

Here were his frog eggs:




Tadpoles:



Tadpoles grow back legs:




Front legs grow:




Now a froglet with a tail:



Finally we remove the tail and have a grown up frog:



So much better than just reading dry text and answering questions, don't you think?

What do you do to make learning fun and interesting in your homeschool? I would LOVE to hear your ideas!!

Linked Up at: Fellowship Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I will follow your blog just so that I won't have to come up with schooling ideas. I'll just see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Glad you liked it! Thanks so much for your help with my header! Working on a nice review for you! :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!