Friday, January 9, 2015

SOAKing Up Exodus 1-5!

Hi again! Like I shared in my last post, I recently joined an online Good Morning Girls Bible study group, and I am so excited!!

We are currently reading through the book of Exodus at a rate of one chapter a day. I am learning to study the Scriptures using the simple SOAK method.

S - Scripture (Write out a verse or 2 that stood out from the chapter)

O - Write a few observations.

A - Write down some personal applications.

K - Kneel in prayer!

For more info on Good Morning Girls, the Bible Coloring Chart, or the SOAK method, visit Women Living Wellat www.womenlivingwell.org.

So this week I have been up an hour before my boys to spend some much needed quiet time with the Lord. And He has been so good to speak to my heart each day!

Exodus 1 : 12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew.

Struggles, burdens, and persecution always bring about growth and strength in God's people. All the valleys in my life can be used by God to strengthen me. I should look at difficulties in that perspective.

Exodus 2:23-25 And the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage. And God heard their groanings, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

God did not forget or forsake his promise to Israel. God was moved with compassion toward them. He saw their burdens, he heard their groans and cries, and he had a mighty plan to deliver his chosen people. I should never be afraid to cry out to God when I am in need of his deliverance in my life. God really does hear ne and see me, and he is loving and compassionate toward me as his child. He is willing and able to help.


Exodus 3:11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?...verse 14 And God said unto Moses I AM THAT I AM...

Moses feared God's command. He feared that he was not enough for what God had given him to do. But God let Moses know that HE was enough. HE would be in control and HE would bring the people out. When God gives me something to do, it is not about me and my own abilities (or sad lack thereof). IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM! It is about HIS ability, and HIS power to do the work.

Exodus 4:10-12 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him Who hath made man's mouth? ... have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Again Moses doubts whether he has the ability to do what God asks of him. He is still self focussed. He has forgotten that he is speaking to God Almighty who has made him just exactly the way He wants him to be. God made me too. He fully knew the tasks He would call me to do. He made no mistakes in giving me my precious husband and children. He knows both my strengths and my weaknesses (He gave them to me), and He is able to use both to accomplish His work and bring glory to His name.

Exodus 5:22-23 And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me? For since I came unto Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.

Moses is very discouraged and disappointed after his first meeting with Pharaoh. Even though God had already warned him at the burning bush that Pharaoh's heart would be hard, Moses still expected instant results. Often things seem to get worse before they get better. I have often complained myself when a situation only seemed to get worse after committing it to prayer. But I must remember that God's way is best. He can work in ways I would never have dreamed and work even more mightily than I had expected. "Even when you cannot trace God's hand, you can always trust His heart."

So that's just a taste of what I have been SOAKing up this week!!! :)


How do you make time to study God's Word? What are your thoughts on the first 5 chapters of Exodus?? I would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!