Monday, January 26, 2015

Never Seen the Righteous Forsaken



It was a tough weekend. I had a painful infection that caused swelling in my saliva glands, my husband had the flu, and Little Brother is teething. I know we all have days where it seems like "When it rains, it pours!" Whether it be sickness, loss of a loved one, financial struggles, or some other hardship we face in life, it can be so easy to begin to question God...even when we know better!

That is just what the children of Israel did in my Bible study today in Exodus 16.

They've just been miraculously saved from Pharaoh's army by walking thru the Red Sea. They have witnessed the mighty hand of God first hand, and they've danced and sang His praises...

But now they're hungry. And they begin to fret..

"Moses, why did you bring us here to starve to death? At least we had food to eat in Egypt!"

Oh how short their memories (and ours sometimes!) seem to be! But the children of Israel are about to learn another important lesson about their great God. He is Jehovah Jireh: the God Who Provides!

They need food? God rains down bread from Heaven for His children! Not only is it filling to their hunger, but it is sweet to the taste as well. God again goes out of His way to meet the needs of His children.

Every day He meets our needs as well as providing us many of our wants. And even when we have these seasons where it seems like all the trials and burdens are all hitting us at once, even then we can still say like the Psalmist in Psalm 37:25

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Whether it involves parting a sea, raining down bread from Heaven, or simply holding us while we cry: we serve a God who NEVER FORSAKES HIS CHILDREN!

I want to close this post with a link to a song that was on my mind all weekend, and has truly strengthened my heart. The song is by Joseph Habedank and is titled Never No Never.

How about you? How has God proven Himself to be the God Who Provides in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!