Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Always Let Your Light Shine!



I was having a difficult time finding any personal applications while reading Exodus 27 for my Good Morning Girls Bible study this morning until I came almost to the end of the chapter! It was mostly about God continuing to give Moses very detailed instructions for the construction of the Tabernacle. Lots of measurements and such, but not a lot I could really glean any spiritual truths from for my life.

But then I came to Exodus 27:20, and really began to consider it.

And thou shalt command the children of Israel, that they bring thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamp to burn always.

This special lamp in the Tabernacle was powered by pure olive oil, and God wanted it to be kept shining brightly all the time.

As Christians, our hearts are God's Tabernacle. The pure olive oil represents His spirit.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


We have all heard the old saying "Actions speak louder than words," and it is so true! Our lives should shine with the light of God's power and love. Our actions should be evidence that His pure spirit dwells within us.

The way we respond to others, the tone we use, the attitude we have, the mood we display, and the words we speak should shine brightly with God's light.

As a homeschooling mother, I spend a lot of my time with my family and in my home. I want my light to shine brightly for my husband and children. I want my actions as well as my reactions to be extensions of God's light of love manifesting itself through me.

In the same way, when I am out and about in my community or elsewhere, I want to be a good representative of Christianity. In the grocery store, the library, the doctor's office, or on field trips, I want people I meet to see Jesus in me. I want to make sure my lamp is full of God's pure spirit, and His light is shining through.

Even on this blog and as I interract with people online, I pray that my words and the heart that is behind them will always shine with the love and grace of our Lord.

Every Christian has the God given duty to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and points others to Him!

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine!


Always let your light shine!

God bless!!!



Follow Shield of Faith Homeschool on Twitter!

Subscribe to Shield of Faith Homeschool by Email!

Linked Up at: From House to Home, Fellowship Friday, Women Living Well

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I would love to hear from YOU!